Hello and Welcome!!

~Seek first to understand, then be understood~
~*~*~*~*
If you're looking for information on a particular topic, type that word in the search box below. If I have written about that subject, a list of posts will appear. If no posts come up, I haven't written about it...yet. Emails, and questions in the comments section for possible posts, are welcome.
~*~*~*~*
I have a "friend" who shows up once a month. She turns my world upside down, over and over again.
I am a good person, caring and sweet, but when she comes to visit, I could rip off your head.
She takes no prisoners, foul words she does spout, I try to keep the words in, she lets them come out.
People don't understand me, or what this is about, to have this creature inside my head.
I despise who I am, half of the time, I feel sorry for my daughter, family and friends.
There's no way to describe it, for those who don't know, it's a living nightmare, she really needs to go.
~Neysia Manor, Rest in Peace

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Taking Time Out to Catch Up on My PMDD Research

It’s Wednesday, and time to put up another post. Things have been hit or miss the past few months, due to having so much non-PMDD stuff going on in my life, and not having enough time to write any well-researched posts. I’m grateful to Cat Stone for allowing me to share her awesome artwork and PMDD Crisis Guide, which has allowed me to keep something new and fresh on the blog at least every other week. She’s been a lifesaver in that regard.

Yesterday, when I was thinking about what to write for today’s post, I realized I once again didn’t want to throw something out there just to have something to post. This is a blog devoted to helping people with PMDD and those who love them to better understand this often debilitating disorder. It’s not about me and my ups and downs, it’s about using what I’ve learned to help others to find peace and some sense of normality. So there’s no need for me to share whatever vague thoughts are rumbling around in my mind just to fill up an empty space.

That said, I haven’t been completely idle regarding the blog. To follow up on my last post, I’ve been busy doing more research into the connection between PMDD and the cycle of menstruation—have uncovered some fascinating stuff--and once I have my thoughts and facts in order, I’ll post them here. On a more personal front, I’ve been seeing a nutritionist in my ongoing efforts to manage my PMDD. That is not going well, and when I write up the account of my experience, I’m sure a lot of you will nod your heads in understanding, as I’m sure many, if not most of you have experienced the same frustrations. But again, I need to wait until my research is complete to write about it.

So for this week, I invite you to browse through past posts—a good place to start would be the over on the sidebar, under Popular Posts. (I’ve moved it to the top of the page for now to make it easier to find.) You’ll notice three of the top ten are posts for men on how to deal with a partner who has PMDD. Lots of good information there, and well worth reading (or passing on to a caring partner) if your relationship is in any kind of trouble.

Another good post is More Things That Make Your PMDD worse. A Perfect Storm of PMDD describes in detail what it’s like to have an episode of PMDD. And if you haven’t read it already, my favorite post is They Only See Our Failures.

Until next time…please continue to read, learn, rest, relax…and Be Well.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Liana, Thank you for everything that you have written. I have struggled with PMDD but did not know it. I dismissed it as PMS until I met my future husband who being a math major realized that mood swings were predictable and could not simply be PMS. I happen to be "unlucky" in the sense that I feel not just the luteal phase but also the ovulation phase and maybe the other two hormonal phases. My now loving husband looked up PMDD strangely simply on wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pmdd. He saw the herbal treatment "Agnus Castus" and Calcium supplement as recommended treatments. He read for weeks serious medical articles on both. We tried Calcium and Agnus Castus. I had to increase the dosage of Agnus Castus because I was going through a severe episode (happens 2x a year). To my great relief and I thank God...the combination worked so I thought I would share this with you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for both stopping by and sharing this new information :) I will look into Agnus Castus and present my research/findings here when I am finished. Take care and God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just wanted to say very enthusiastically that you need to somehow get this blog put higher up on search engines (and there are probably 100 search engines now, but I do know the ones that do not collect info on you are becoming more popular, like DuckDuckGo, and the hugely popular ones like Google are losing people because they keep changing things and making it actually more difficult to do a search). There is so much info on this site that I have not run across yet.. let me put it this way: Once you've gone to your first two or three sites about PMDD, you generally are not going to come across anything new. That's just how it is. But here it's different! I keep learning new things, even if it is just about the 1850 census (I had a distant cousin contact me a few months ago which started me back on my family's genealogy research again.. and I think there is at least one person, a female, that kind of gets lost in the records...). This site needs to get more exposure. A lot of this stuff, yea, I knew about because I'm an info junkie.. lol.. but it's nice to know I'm not the only person who retains the little tidbits of info that people don't usually know. Maybe it's how some PMDD brains work?? Anyway, in case you haven't already done the meta tag thing or submitted your site to search engines, etc. etc. here is an about.com article about how to get your website out there: http://webdesign.about.com/cs/promotion/a/aabg090199a.htm ...... There is also a guy who does YouTube videos on how to do things on Blogger. There are tutorials about how to use meta tags, etc. His username is BloggerEngineer. ^.^ It does get complicated, which is why I gave up on my blog a few weeks ago after just starting it. I'm not at a point in my life where I can focus enough without feeling overwhelmed. I hate feeling this way! Anyway, keep it comin!

    ReplyDelete