Hello and Welcome!!

~Seek first to understand, then be understood~
~*~*~*~*
If you're looking for information on a particular topic, type that word in the search box below. If I have written about that subject, a list of posts will appear. If no posts come up, I haven't written about it...yet. Emails, and questions in the comments section for possible posts, are welcome.
~*~*~*~*
I have a "friend" who shows up once a month. She turns my world upside down, over and over again.
I am a good person, caring and sweet, but when she comes to visit, I could rip off your head.
She takes no prisoners, foul words she does spout, I try to keep the words in, she lets them come out.
People don't understand me, or what this is about, to have this creature inside my head.
I despise who I am, half of the time, I feel sorry for my daughter, family and friends.
There's no way to describe it, for those who don't know, it's a living nightmare, she really needs to go.
~Neysia Manor, Rest in Peace

Saturday, February 16, 2013

PMDD and Losing Weight Update

Today's post is an update to an old post, PMDD and Losing Weight.  I added an update to the beginning of the original post, outlining my recent success with taking Iodoral to support my enlarged thyroid (also called a goiter).  I hope you'll find the information helpful. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Liana,
    I am writing to thank you for all your time and energy and hard work spent researching and sharing information about this illness with everyone.
    PMDD is recent news for us, and it is my belief that my daughter may have had this condition for a considerable time but did not know about it. Her condition seems to have been aggravated by the synthetic progestin she was absorbing from her birth control implant. She had also recently changed her diet, and lost 13 kgs in the last four months. Your information about the effects of this for her have made perfect sense, as her psychological suffering increased considerably during the time she lost this weight. She had the added stresses of moving house, lack of money and Christmas which all seem to have impacted on her with disagreements arising with her father, her partner and her sister. On day three of her last luteal phase it all became too much, and we lost her to suicide two days before Christmas.
    I am upset to discover that the adverse effects of synthetic progestins are known by Women's Health Research organisations, yet this information is not widely circulated through the medical profession and family planning clinics. They are only concerned with the contraceptive issues of convenience and reliability, and rarely have knowledge that these chemicals are harmful to some women.
    Please keep up your very valuable writing, insight and information, as it is vital to make women aware of what is happening in their bodies and could prevent further tragedies like ours : (

    rose

    ReplyDelete